Roominations

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Whether your preference is Merry Christmas, Reason’s Greetings, Happy Hanukkah or some other variation of the winter celebration theme, I wish you and your friends and family a warm, dry, cozy and safe home in which to live, love, party and thrive!

To help overcome my typical “Bah Humbug” attitude, Matt brought home a renovation-appropriate tree. Keeping our household holiday tradition alive, this morning Brak left me something under this symbol of pre-Christian Germanic paganism. It goes like this: I buy stuff and an item disappears. It reappears wrapped, with love from Brak. Hoping for a chocolate bar, I started singing Christmas carols (in German, of course, making up words where I forgot the lyrics and giggling at the results). Now that is the spirit!


Pricier gifts were delivered at 6:45 a.m. yesterday: Tiles for the house. Poor Craig from Standard Tile had to hand-carry each heavy box from his truck on the street, down through the snow and ice to the front of the house. Matt took it from there. (Yes, we tipped well! ’Tis the Season, after all.) Also on Tuesday, Alex’s team delivered the correct sliders for the great room (now we just need them installed).

Other packages came earlier in the month, containing paint. Gallons of the stuff from our local Sherwin-Williams. (Karen let us know they have good-quality low-VOC paint). Priming has already begun. What a difference! And somehow, Matt was able to prime the peak of the great room’s cathedral ceiling using just his arms and a roller on a stick! (In case anyone wondered why I married a man 1’1” taller than me, may I offer this as yet another reason.)

I’ll be home for Christmas—and what a nice home it is turning out to be!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Looks like a beautiful Christmas is shaping up in the Davis-Langer household! God Bless! Your card is in the mail---very cool looking but late I'm afraid! You know the story about the cobbler's kids right? Same goes for the professional portrait artists' kid! We know we are blessed with friends like you!
    Love to you and your family!
    Amy Mears

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • Your Chia Tree (with color-changing Star Light!) is awesome. :-) I hope Brak lovingly rewrapped a bunch of other cool stuff for you both for Christmas. You certainly deserve it.

    Those tiles look really cool! I'm glad you tipped Craig well. Carrying heavy tile sucks; carrying heavy tile down a steep, icy incline sucks that much worse.

    Somehow, the cathedral ceiling looks extra dramatic in that picture. I can't wait to see what color you end up choosing for that room.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home