Roominations

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Memmmmmmmmm-Brain


Words that start with “Me” are fun to say. Mesmerize. Megalomaniac. Melonballer*. Mets! Methuselah. Mermaid. Meritocracy. Membrane.

When I pulled into my parking spot tonight, I said “membrane” over and over again… because that was what I saw on the roof. The rest of the hideous and improperly installed brown asphalt shingles were in the dumpster, the blue tarp was gone and in its place was the black underlayment for the still pending silver metal roof.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t have agreed to have the crew start pulling off the existing roofing material on October 2 without first seeing its replacement in a staging area on my property.

I shrugged in a “live and learn” sort of way, snapped some photos with my iPhone and headed inside because it started to rain. Now that I have a membrane protecting my home, I can scoff at the rain!

Membrane!

* Yes, I know this is two words: Melon baller. My internal Editor kept fixing it. But my Doppelganger un-fixed it to keep the humorous intent intact. Shhhhh! Do not tell my Editor.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Marvelous! (I know it doesn't start with ME but just go with me here...)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:07 PM  

  • Meathead! That was always my favorite! I have to say, your house is looking really good. It looks like a total different house! I did notice that the skylights were gone. What's up with that?? I really liked them! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

  • I'll add:

    mettle -- as in: 'You two have really tested your mettle with this renovation.'

    meticulous -- as in: 'You two have been impressively meticulous in managing the details.'

    and finally:

    methadone -- as in: 'I hope the stress of this renovation doesn't cause you two to have to check into a methadone clinic by the end.' ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home