Roominations

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Freakin’ out


“Will I freak out,” I asked while opening my eyes on Wednesday morning?

“When I saw it yesterday, I went completely mental,” Matt replied.

When Tiffiny, our yoga instructor, saw it on Wednesday evening, she replied: “How bizarre!”

The deck was gone and it was a long way down.

The Wasko crew had planned to take the deck down in sections. It apparently gave no resistance. Seeing the pock-marked poles that once held up the decking was particularly unnerving.

Good riddance to bad structures!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Wow, what a difference a deck makes...or should I say lack of deck? That's incredible. It's amazing the transformation the house is making...or that the Wasko people are making on the house.
    How frightening to think about...actually find out how unstructurally sound that structure really was! I remember at least one afternoon lunch out on the deck chez Roo!
    Good luck, and keep us updated. I love the weekly blow-by-blow!
    Miss ya,
    Robyn

    By Blogger Robyn aka Media Maven, at 1:19 AM  

  • OMG! That is amazing. You know it could be an easy way to get rid of someone...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:13 AM  

  • How do you unstick a duck who's stuck in a hollow log? (Say that five times, fast!)

    Peep

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • Reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon where there is a door to nowhere, and Sylvester goes right out the door and splat! onto the ground.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home