Roominations

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Epilogue to the deadline drama

This chapter of the deadline drama which began on Friday ended about 21.5 hours later.

Jimmy called yesterday while I was showering; he’d be here in five-plus minutes. I decided to shampoo slowly and let Matt and Jimmy meet mano-a-mano. He hadn’t yet heard Matt’s voicemail, so my husband gave him a heads-up.

The drawings he delivered followed our direction and, thus, are very close-to-final. And the shell-only estimate was closer to our idea of an appropriate budget.

Relieved, we headed off to our 10 a.m. play date at Rockaway Lanes with Karen and George. And I’d never before knocked over so many pins! Could it be due to the relief of making progress on our project?

Later we were dining al fresco on the deck, sitting on furniture they helped us assemble seven years ago. Taking in our view, I spied something odd in the lake. A deer—swimming! Another quirky reminder why we love it here, and why this home is worth preserving and improving.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Thank goodness that it worked out. Once you are final, I would love to hear all about the final plan.

    By Blogger uuklanger, at 11:13 PM  

  • I never heard of a deer swimming! I hope he was ok! :)

    Good to hear everything is staring to come together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 AM  

  • No one should shower for 21 hours straight. It's not good for the skin. Use lotion.

    It reminds me of the time me and Edgar (my late husband) were making whoopie and Melissa caught us in the act.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home