Roominations

Friday, October 12, 2007

It is now past noon on Friday…

Jimmy missed the noon deadline. At eight minutes past the hour, he called to say he will give us drawings later today, including the architectural rendering of the upper-level floor plan we redrew on my laptop (above).

All I can say is that he is luckly he at least reached out to me... I have been hitting the “refresh” button on my personal e-mail account every quarter hour since 8:15 a.m. in hope that I would hear from him. I kept wondering, “What happened to the Jimmy I knew and loved in September 2006?”

Last night, as torrential rain tapered off to relentless rain and a wind that kept Smilin’ Mike’s un-neighborly wind bell from hell a-clangin’, the real soundtrack to my dreams was “MacArthur Park.”

But instead of “all the sweet, green icing flowing down,” I envisioned the further deterioration of the dry wall surrounding our leaky skylights.

An thus begins month 13 of the alleged modern dream house project—a project that becomes more necessary with each passing storm.

We cannot continue to leave the cake out in the rain...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • That is a super stressful thing. I hate waiting for anything vendor related calls or emails. I will have to read on...

    By Blogger uuklanger, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home