Roominations

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fire-n-Ice Romance

Heading from the street-level parking area down to our happy home, I am enchanted by the glow of candles illuminating my path.


My husband had transformed the remains of several storms into a candelabra, placing votives directly into the snow.


He awaits my arrival by our door. When I walk in, more flames greet me: In the fireplace, on the mantle and the table.

And more ice: In the shaker, from which he pours a cocktail of POM Wonderful juice, Zirco coconut water with pomegranate, L’chaim Kosher Vodka, Peychaud’s bitters (1869 German recipe) and frozen organic berries.

Cheers!

Dinner is ready, too, complete with a salad featuring homemade croutons.

What did I do to deserve this? I’m not sure. But please remind me to keep doing it!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Beautiful!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8:34 AM  

  • Is that a roofie floating in the martini?

    By Anonymous Prince Edward, at 1:03 PM  

  • Wow! What a guy! You so deserve him and he, you!

    By Anonymous Amy, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home