Roominations

Thursday, January 11, 2007

“Holy Mackerel!

That’s beautiful.”

This was my husband’s first reaction to Designer Anthony Malara’s rendering of how the lake side of our modern dream house might look.

Sited in our actual back yard, it seemed like we could move right in. Even Clyde, our purple steel giraffe, repositioned himself in the lawn for a better look. (Click image for a close-up.)

I immediately used the drawing as the background on my work computer and began showing colleagues.

Other images from Jimmy Dumas Architecture followed: the great room and the pool.

Tomorrow we hash out the details with the firm. Today we simply share the pretty pictures.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • What is the purple giraffe thinking:
    "Will I like the new view?"
    "Why was I born without eyeballs?"
    "It's not easy living in two dimensions."

    I long to find out in the next adventures of Casa de Roo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

  • The design is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

  • LOVE IT!!!

    I always thought the big hole in the giraffe's head was it's eye....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • It's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home